MINISTRY OF NATIONAL DEFENCE
GENERAL DIRECTORATE OF FINANCIAL PLANNING & SUPPORT
DIRECTORATE FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF EUROPEAN
AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES
SUMMARY PROJECT DESCRIPTION
TITLE: “Procurement of Drones and telecommunication equipment for the setting up of base stations“
SUBJECT: Within the framework of an Invitation to Tender to be issued by the Special Agency for the Coordination and Management of Programmes of the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund and the Internal Security Fund and other resources of the Ministry of Economy, Development and Tourism, of which the Ministry of National Defence is a beneficiary, the purpose of the project is to improve the level of security and to combat irregular migration, as well as to strengthen external border control and surveillance.
This project concerns the procurement of unmanned aerial vehicles – Drones, as well as the procurement of the appropriate equipment to ensure effective communication between Drones and ground telecommunication systems and includes:
– The procurement of unmanned aerial vehicles – Drones, which will execute external border control and surveillance missions in the area of the Eastern Aegean Sea, in order to control irregular migration;
– The procurement of the appropriate equipment (i.e. telecommunication), in order to ensure the data transfer and the communication between Drones and ground base stations.
This procurement will contribute significantly to the increase of external border security, given that the surveillance of Eastern Aegean maritime borders may take place at low operating cost in real-time 24 hours a day.
Total budget (excl. VAT): €1,810.000.00
Financing: Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund National Programme, Internal Security Fund
Consultation Start Date: 03/07/2018
Consultation End Date: 27/07/2018
Project Term: 12 months
The parties interested in participating in the public consultation are kindly requested to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive the relevant files and instructions for the submission of proposals and comments.
The e-mail must include the following:
- Title of Body / Organisation / Company represented (if applicable)
- Mailing Address of Body / Organisation / Company represented (if applicable)
- Full name of the sender
- Capacity of the sender
- Position of the sender in the represented Body / Organisation / Company (if applicable)
- Telephone number
- Fax Number (if applicable)
- Contact e-mail address (if other than the sender’s)
Proposals and remarks must be submitted by e-mail ONLY to email@example.com [in .doc (or .docx) and .pdf format]. The e-mail subject line must include the code: PC_“DRONES”
POC: Maj (S-T) Christos Papageorgiou, Maj (Ord) Zisopoulos Achilleas
Mailing Address: 227-231 Mesogeion Ave, 155 61, Holargos
Fax Number: +30 2106598718
Telephone Number: +30 2106598312, 2106598218, 2106598132
European Union Ministry of National Defence
Co-funded by Greece and the European Union